- The definition of an accompaniment is an item that goes with something else, or a musical part intended to be played in support of the other parts of the piece.
- An example of an accompaniment would be a small edible garnish included with an entree.
- An example of musical accompaniment would be a guitar piece that supports a vocalist.
- anything that accompanies something else; thing added, usually for order or symmetry
- Music a part, usually instrumental, performed together with the main part for richer effect: the piano accompaniment to a song
- Music A vocal or instrumental part that supports another, often solo, part.
- Something, such as a situation, that accompanies something else; a concomitant.
- Something added for embellishment, completeness, or symmetry; complement.
- (music) A part, usually performed by instruments, that gives support or adds to the background in music, or adds for ornamentation; also, the harmony of a figured bass.
- That which accompanies; something that attends as a circumstance, or which is added to give greater completeness to the principal thing, or by way of ornament, or for the sake of symmetry.