- The definition of attendance is the act of being present.
A student who comes to class is an example of someone in attendance.
attendance definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of attending
- the persons or number of persons attending
- the degree of regularity in attending
attendance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act of attending.
- The persons or number of persons that are present.
- The frequency with which a person is present.
attendance - Phrases/Idioms
see dance attendance on.