- The definition of attendance is the act of being present.
A student who comes to class is an example of someone in attendance.
- the act of attending
- the persons or number of persons attending
- the degree of regularity in attending
- The act of attending.
- The persons or number of persons that are present.
- The frequency with which a person is present.
- The state of attending; presence.
- Attendance at the meeting is required.
- The count or list of individuals present for an event.
- The class sat down so that the teacher could take attendance.
- The frequency with which one has been present for a regular activity or set of events.
- John's attendance for the conventions was not good.
From Old French atendance, from atendre (“to attend, listen”)