- The outcome is the final result of something, or the way things end up.
When a team wins a game 2-1, this is an example of a winning outcome for the team.
the way something turns out; result; consequence
Origin of outcomeMiddle English utcome
An end result; a consequence. See Synonyms at effect.
- Information, event, object or state of being produced as a result or consequence of a plan, process, accident, effort or other similar action or occurrence.
- A quality automobile is the outcome of the work of skilled engineers and thousands of workers.
- A positive result or consequence.
- (probability theory) The result of a random trial. An element of a sample space.
- Three is a possible outcome of tossing a six-sided die.
- (education) The results or evidence of students' learning experience. Often used in place of desired outcomes.
- The outcomes of this course are outlined in your syllabus.
- come out