A group of adolescence.
The definition of adolescence is the period of time between puberty and adulthood.
High schoolers are examples of people going through adolescence.
- the state or quality of being adolescent
- the time of life between puberty and maturity; youth
Origin of adolescenceMiddle English and amp; Old French ; from Classical Latin adolescentia ; from adolescens: see adolescent
- The period of physical and psychological development from the onset of puberty to adulthood.
- A similar period in nonhuman animals, ending at sexual maturity.
- A transitional period of development between an initial or early phase and an established or mature phase: the adolescence of a nation.
(countable and uncountable, plural adolescences)