- The definition of adolescence is the period of time between puberty and adulthood.
High schoolers are examples of people going through adolescence.
A group of adolescence.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- the state or quality of being adolescent
- the time of life between puberty and maturity; youth
Origin: Middle English and amp; Old French ; from Classical Latin adolescentia ; from adolescens: see adolescent
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The period of physical and psychological development from the onset of puberty to maturity.
- A transitional period of development between youth and maturity: the adolescence of a nation.
adolescence - Medical Definition
adolescence - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.