- The definition of completion is the act of finishing something in its entirety or the state of being entirely finished.
When a new construction project of a bridge is entirely finished, this is an example of completion.
completion definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of completing, or finishing
- the state of being completed
- Football a successful forward pass
Origin: Middle English ; from Classical Latin completio
completion definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of completing or the state of being completed.
- Football A forward pass that is caught in bounds by a receiver.