- The definition of ephemeral is something that has a very short lifespan or lasts for a very short time.
An example of ephemeral is a plant blossom that only lasts one day.
- lasting only one day
- short-lived; transitory: ephemeral glory
Origin: ; from Classical Greek ephēmeros (see ephemeron) plush -al
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Lasting for a markedly brief time: “There remain some truths too ephemeral to be captured in the cold pages of a court transcript” (Irving R. Kaufman).
- Living or lasting only for a day, as certain plants or insects do.
Origin: From Greek ephēmeros : ep-, epi-, epi- + hēmerā, day.
- e·phemˌer·alˈi·ty, e·phemˈer·al·ness noun
- e·phemˈer·al·ly adverb
ephemeral - Computer Definition
Temporary. Fleeting. Transitory.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.