everlasting definition by Webster's New World
- never coming to an end; lasting forever; eternal
- going on for a long time; lasting indefinitely; durable
- going on too long or happening too often; seeming never to stop
- any of various plants, mostly of the composite family, whose blossoms keep their color and shape when dried; esp., the strawflower
- the blossom of such a plant
everlasting definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Lasting forever; eternal.
- a. Continuing indefinitely or for a long period of time.b. Persisting too long; tedious: everlasting complaints.
- Everlasting God. Used with the.
- Eternal duration; eternity.
- Any of various plants, such as the strawflower or one of the genera Anaphalis or Gnaphalium, that retain form and color long after they are dry.
- evˌer·lastˈing·ly adverb
- evˌer·lastˈing·ness noun
everlasting - Phrases/Idioms