- never coming to an end; lasting forever; eternal
- going on for a long time; lasting indefinitely; durable
- going on too long or happening too often; seeming never to stop
- any of various plants, mostly of the composite family, whose blossoms keep their color and shape when dried; esp., the strawflower
- the blossom of such a plant
- Lasting forever; eternal.
- a. Continuing indefinitely or for a long period of time.b. Persisting too long; tedious: everlasting complaints.
- Everlasting God. Used with the .
- Eternal duration; eternity.
- Any of various plants chiefly in the composite family, such as the strawflower, that retain their form and color long after they are dry. Also called immortelle .
(comparative more everlasting, superlative most everlasting)
- Lasting or enduring forever; existing or continuing without end; immortal; eternal.
- Continuing indefinitely, or during a long period; perpetual; sometimes used, colloquially, as a strong intensive.
- this everlasting nonsense
- (philosophy) Existing with infinite temporal duration (as opposed to existence outside of time).
- (colloquial) Extremely.
- Everlasting, Eternal. Eternal denotes (when taken strictly) without beginning or end of duration; everlasting is sometimes used in our version of the Scriptures in the sense of eternal, but in modern usage is confined to the future, and implies no intermission as well as no end.
- Whether we shall meet again I know not; Therefore our everlasting farewell take; Forever, and forever farewell, Cassius. -William Shakespeare