- The behaviors, attitudes and actions of Jesus Christ are an example of divinity.
- A person who studies religion and theology in school and who earns a PhD is an example of someone who is a Doctor of Divinity.
Divinity is defined as a divine being, or the quality of being divine, or a course of religious study.
- the quality or condition of being divine
- a divine being; a god; deity
- a divine power, virtue, etc.
- the study of religion; theology
- ⌂ a soft, creamy kind of candy
Origin of divinityMiddle English and amp; Old French divinite ; from Classical Latin divinitas ; from divinus
- The state or quality of being divine.
- a. Divinity The godhead; God. Used with the.b. A deity, such as a god or goddess.
- Godlike character.
- A soft white candy, usually containing nuts.
(countable and uncountable, plural divinities)
See Related terms for divine
From Old French divinité, from Latin divinitas