Bret and Lindsay believe in the sanctity of marriage which is why they both agreed to see a marriage counselor.
An example of sanctity is the importance of marriage, or the “sanctity of marriage.”
- saintliness or holiness
- the fact of being sacred or inviolable
- pl. -·ties anything held sacred: usually used in pl.
Origin of sanctityClassical Latin sanctitas from sanctus (see saint) + -itas, -ity
- Holiness of life or disposition; saintliness.
- The quality or condition of being considered sacred; inviolability.
- Something considered sacred.
Origin of sanctityMiddle English saunctite from Old French sainctite from Latin sānctitās from sānctus sacred ; see sanctify .
(countable and uncountable, plural sanctities)