Archaic. 1. the state or condition of being holy or sacred.
2. a holy or sacred place; a sanctuary.
3. a sacred object or relic.
sacred writing or a sacred character or symbol. —hierogrammatist, n., —hierogrammatic, hierogrammatical, adj.
Rare. sacred writing; hierograms and the art of writing them. —hierographer, n. —hierographic, hierographical, adj.
the worship of saints and of relics and other sacred objects.
1. the learning or literature concerning sacred things.
2. hierological materials. —hierologist, n. —hierologic, hierological, adj.
a form of divination involving sacrificial remains or sacred objects.
an abnormal fear of sacred objects.
1. the performance of holy works.
2. the holy work itself.
the holy of holies; a place of great holiness.
Learn more about Sacredness