- The definition of an embodiment is a visible or tangible form or a concrete example of an idea or concept.
When someone is really cheerful and sunny and happy all the time, this person might be described as the embodiment of happiness.
embodiment definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an embodying or being embodied
- that in which something is embodied; concrete expression of some idea, quality, etc.: she is the embodiment of virtue
embodiment definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of embodying or the state of being embodied.
- One that embodies: “The flag is the embodiment, not of sentiment, but of history” (Woodrow Wilson).