- Integration is defined as mixing things or people together that were formerly separated.
An example of integration is when the schools were desegregated and there were no longer separate public schools for African Americans.
- an integrating or being integrated
- ☆ the bringing of different racial or ethnic groups into free and equal association
- Math. the process of finding an integral when given a quantity or function that is the derivative or differential of that integral
- Psychol. the organization of various traits, feelings, attitudes, etc. into one harmonious personality
Origin of integrationClassical Latin integratio
- a. The act or process of integrating.b. The state of becoming integrated.
- The bringing of people of different racial or ethnic groups into unrestricted and equal association, as in society or an organization; desegregation.
- Psychology The organization of the psychological or social traits and tendencies of a personality into a harmonious whole.
- Mathematics The process of computing an integral; the inverse of differentiation.
- Electronics The process of placing more than one integrated circuit on a single chip.
- The act or process of making whole or entire.
- (society) The process of fitting into a community, notably applied to 'visible' (ethnic, immigrant...) minorities
- (calculus) The operation of finding the integral of a function.
- (biology) In evolution, the process by which the manifold is compacted into the relatively simple and permanent; supposed to alternate with differentiation as an agent in species' development.
integration - Computer Definition
The combining of hardware and software components so that they work together. Different types of hardware may be integrated with other hardware. Software may be integrated into hardware, but integrating software is the integration that takes place most of the time in the IT world. See software integration.
integration - Legal Definition
- The merger of all agreements and understandings between parties pertaining to a particular subject matter into a single written agreement.
- The removal of racial barriers in society, providing equal access to all public facilities.