The definition of consolidation means the act of combining or merging people or things.
An example of a consolidation is when two companies merge together.
a consolidating or being consolidated; specif.,
- a merger; union
- a stabilization; strengthening
- a solidification
- a. The act or process of consolidating.b. The state of being consolidated.
- The merger of two or more commercial interests or corporations.
- The act or process of consolidating, making firm, or uniting; the state of being consolidated; solidification; combination.
- The combination of several actions into one.
- (medicine) A solidification into a firm dense mass. It is usually applied to induration (swelling or hardening of normally soft tissue) of a normally aerated lung.
From Latin consolidationem, from consolidare.
consolidation - Legal Definition
- The act of combining two or more things into one.
- In corporate law, the union of two or more corporations into a new corporation along with the dissolution of the original corporations. See also merger.
- In civil procedure, the court-ordered combination of two or more actions that involve the same parties or issues. In the end, there may be a single judgment for all the actions or a separate judgment for each original action. See also joinder.