- In business, an amalgamation is defined as the merger of two or more companies.
An example of an amalgamation is the merger between Kmart and Sears.
- In science, an amalgamation is defined as a mixture of metal and mercury.
An example of an amalgamation is a dental filling.
- an amalgamating or being amalgamated
- the result of amalgamating; mixture, blend, merger, etc.
- Metallurgy the extraction of a precious metal from its ore by alloying it with mercury
- The act of amalgamating or the condition resulting from this act.
- A consolidation or merger, as of several corporations.
- The production of a metal alloy of mercury.
From Medieval Latin amalgamatio.