not manly; specif.,
- lacking courage, resoluteness, etc.; cowardly, weak, etc.
- not befitting a man; effeminate; womanish
Uncharacteristic of, unbecoming to, or degrading to a man, especially in not conforming to stereotypical masculine traits such as stoicism and independence.
(comparative unmanlier or more unmanly, superlative unmanliest or most unmanly)
- (of a person) Showing characteristics that are not manly, such as being immature, effeminate or cowardly, which might be construed as an indicator of weakness or of baseness of character.
- Of or pertaining to something not human.
- (of a behaviour or action) Cowardly, base.
- (of a behaviour or action) Not acceptable of a man.
- (of a behaviour or action) Not becoming of a man.
(comparative more unmanly, superlative most unmanly)
- In a manner that is unmanly.