This guy might be considered manly.
- The definition of manly is something having the characteristics or traditional virtues generally attributed to men.
Being big, tough and strong is an example of being manly.
- having the qualities generally regarded as those that a man should have; virile; strong, brave, resolute, honorable, etc.
- fit for a man; masculine: manly sports
Origin of manlyME: see man and amp; -ly
Obsolete in a manly way
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of men, especially when considered traditionally masculine, as in being courageous or direct: “Few men who are just about to go off on an adventure can resist a manly swig from a convenient bottle of whisky” (Jane Stevenson).
- Well-developed or toned in musculature: a manly physique.
In a manly manner.
(comparative manlier, superlative manliest)
man +"Ž -ly