The definition of inanimate is dull, lifeless or without spirit.adjective
An example of something inanimate is a rock.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- not animate; not endowed with (animal) life
- not animated; dull; spiritless
Origin: LL inanimatus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Not having the qualities associated with active, living organisms. See Synonyms at dead.
- Not animated or energetic; dull.
- Grammar Belonging to the class of nouns that stand for nonliving things: The word car is inanimate; the word dog is animate.
- in·anˈi·mate·ly adverb
- in·anˈi·mate·ness noun
inanimate - Medical Definition
- inanimateness noun