- The definition of anthropogenic is something that is made by humans.
An example of something that could be considered anthropogenic are excessive greenhouse gasses.
anthropogenic definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of anthropogenesis
- caused by man, as air pollution
anthropogenic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of or relating to anthropogenesis.
- Caused by humans: anthropogenic degradation of the environment.
- anˌthro·po·genˈi·cal·ly adverb
anthropogenic - Science Definition
Caused or influenced by humans. Anthropogenic carbon dioxide is that portion of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere that is produced directly by human activities, such as the burning of fossil fuels, rather than by such processes as respiration and decay.