anthropogenic[an′t̸hrə pō′ jen′ik]
- The definition of anthropogenic is something that is made by humans.
An example of something that could be considered anthropogenic are excessive greenhouse gasses.
- of anthropogenesis
- caused by man, as air pollution
- Of or relating to anthropogenesis.
- Caused by humans: anthropogenic degradation of the environment.
- pertaining to the origin of man, or anthropogeny
- 1952 The cosmogonic and anthropogenic myths are of secondary importance in Yahwistic religiosity. (H. H. Gerth & D. A. Martindale (trans.), M. Weber's Ancient Judaism ix. 227)
- having its origin in the influence of human activity on nature.
- Wastewater is any water that has been adversely affected in quality by anthropogenic influence.