- Allied is defined as two or more things that are similar or related to each other.
An example of birds that are allied are the various types of finches.
- The definition of allied is two or more individuals, organizations, or countries who are working together toward the same purpose as a result of a mutual agreement.
An example of countries that were allied are the United States and Great Britain in World War II.
- united by kinship, treaty, agreement, etc.
- closely related: Danish and Swedish are allied languages
- of the Allies
Origin of alliedsee ally
- Joined or united in a close relationship: allied tribes.
- Of a similar nature; related: city planning and allied studies.
- Allied Of or relating to the Allies: the Allied invasion of southern Italy.
- simple past tense and past participle of ally
(comparative more allied, superlative most allied)
- Joined as allies.
- relating to the Allies (allied nations during World War One)