- The definition of akin is two things that have a lot in common.
Spanish and Portuguese are examples of two languages that are akin.
- Akin is defined as someone to whom you are related by blood.
Brothers are an example of people who are akin.
- of one kin; related through a common ancestor
- having similar qualities; similar
- Of the same kin; related by blood.
- Having a similar quality or character; analogous.
- Linguistics Sharing a common origin or an ancestral form.
(comparative more akin, superlative most akin)
- This adjective is always placed after the noun that it modifies.
Prefix a- (“for, of”) + kin