- to cast (an actor) repeatedly in the same type of part, or in the part of a character whose traits are very much like the actor's own
- stereotype ()
transitive verbtype·cast, type·cast·ing, type·casts
- To cast in an acting role akin or natural to one's own personality or fitted to one's physical appearance.
- To assign (a performer) repeatedly to the same kind of part.
(third-person singular simple present typecasts, present participle typecasting, simple past and past participle typecast or typecasted)
- To cast an actor in the same kind of role repeatedly.
- To identify someone as being of a specific type because of their appearance, colour, religion etc.
- (computing, programming) To cast (change of data type of a variable or object).
- Typecasting in Java.
- Does anyone know how to typecast a String in Java into an int?