- When unemployment is directly tied to economic performance of a country, this is a situation when these two numbers are relatable.
- When a movie star comes on TV and takes about getting dumped and struggling with her weight, this is an example of something that makes her relatable since it makes the average person feel as if they might have some of the same problems.
The definition of relatable is something that can be associated or compared to something else, or a person with whom you feel as if you have something in common.
- Capable of being related: a relatable narrative of events.
- Informal Easy to relate to, sympathize with, or identify with: a novel with relatable characters.
(comparative more relatable, superlative most relatable)
- Possible to relate; able to be related to.
relate + -able