- Straighten is to make something orderly or unwavy.
- An example of straighten is to clean one's room.
- An example of straighten is to flat press someone's hair to remove the curl.
- to make or become less confused, easier to deal with, etc.
- ☆ to make or become more correct or moral in behavior; reform
tr. & intr.v.straight·ened, straight·en·ing, straight·ens
(third-person singular simple present straightens, present participle straightening, simple past and past participle straightened)
From straight + -en