A very messy closet.
The definition of messy is something that is disorderly or dirty.
An example of something messy is a teenager's bedroom.
- a. Disorderly and dirty: a messy bedroom.b. Given to making messes; not neat or organized: a messy roommate.
- Exhibiting or demonstrating carelessness: messy reasoning.
- Unpleasantly difficult to settle or resolve: a messy court case.
(comparative messier, superlative messiest)
From mess +"Ž -y.
- It was messy and uneven.
- She wondered if her hair was as messy as she suspected.
- The messy studio from last week had been transformed into a professional art gallery.
- Deidre wiped away more tears and went to her messy desk, where a red-covered notebook sat on a pile of paper.
- Your face may be blue and your hair pink, but I don't see you doing anything messy, like taking a shotgun to the head.