- The definition of a journey is a trip from one place to another.
An example of a journey is an expedition through a rainforest.
- Journey is defined as to travel.
An example of journey is to go on a trip through the Sahara desert.
A group of people on a journey throught the rainforest.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- the act or an instance of traveling from one place to another; trip
- any course or passage from one stage or experience to another
Origin: Middle English journee from Old French from Vulgar Latin an unverified form diurnata, day's journey, day's work from Late Latin diurnum, a daily portion from Classical Latin diurnus, daily from dies, day: see deity
- journeyer noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. jour·neys
- a. The act of traveling from one place to another; a trip.b. A distance to be traveled or the time required for a trip: a 2,000-mile journey to the Pacific; the three-day journey home.
- A process or course likened to traveling; a passage: the journey of life.
Origin: Middle English journei, day, day's travel, journey, from Old French jornee, from Vulgar Latin *diurnāta, from Late Latin diurnum, day, from neuter of Latin diurnus, of a day, from diēs, day; see diary.
- jourˈney·er noun