- The definition of a trek is a journey or part of a journey.
An example of a trek is a hike from one village to another in the Himalayas.
- Trek is defined as to wander slowly.
An example of trek is taking a leisurely walk in the park.
- South Afr. to travel by ox wagon
- to travel slowly or laboriously
- Informal to go, esp. on foot
Origin of trekAfrikaans ; from Dutch trekken, to draw; akin to Middle High German trecken
- South Afr. a journey made by ox wagon, or one leg of such a journey
- any journey or leg of a journey
- a migration
- Informal a short trip, esp. on foot
intransitive verbtrekked trekked, trek·king, treks
- To make a slow or arduous journey.
- To journey on foot, especially to hike through mountainous areas.
- South African To travel by ox wagon.
- A journey or leg of a journey, especially when slow or difficult.
- South African A journey by ox wagon, especially a migration such as that of the Boers from 1835 to 1837.
Origin of trekAfrikaans, to travel by ox wagon, from Dutch trekken, to travel, from Middle Dutch trecken, to pull.
- A slow or difficult journey.
- We're planning on going on a trek up Kilimanjaro.
- (South Africa) A journey by ox wagon.
- (South Africa) The Boer migration of 1835-1837.
(third-person singular simple present treks, present participle trekking, simple past and past participle trekked)
From Afrikaans trek.