What you might see on a safari.
- The definition of safari is of a style of clothing that is worn on expeditions or hunting trips, especially through Africa.
An example of safari used as an adjective is in the phrase "safari pants," which mean the style of pants that one would wear on a tour through the African jungles.
- Safari is defined as a sightseeing journey or hunting expedition, especially in Africa.
An example of a safari is a tour through Africa to view the elephants and lions.
- a journey or hunting expedition, esp. in E Africa
- the caravan of such an expedition
Origin of safariSwahili ; from Arabic safarī, pertaining to a journey ; from safar, to journey
- An overland expedition, especially one for hunting or exploring in eastern Africa.
- A journey or trip: a sightseeing safari.
Origin of safariArabic safarīya, safari, journey, from safar, journey; see špr in Semitic roots.
(third-person singular simple present safaris, present participle safariing, simple past and past participle safaried)
- (intransitive) To take part in a safari.
safari - Computer Definition
The Web browser that comes with the Max OS X operating system and iPhone. Safari is noted for its fast download speed and many built-in features including the Google search bar and popup blocker. In 2007, Safari was introduced for Windows users but discontinued in 2012. See Mac OS X.