- The definition of safari is of a style of clothing that is worn on expeditions or hunting trips, especially through Africa.
An example of safari used as an adjective is in the phrase "safari pants," which mean the style of pants that one would wear on a tour through the African jungles.
- Safari is defined as a sightseeing journey or hunting expedition, especially in Africa.
An example of a safari is a tour through Africa to view the elephants and lions.
What you might see on a safari.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a journey or hunting expedition, esp. in E Africa
- the caravan of such an expedition
Origin: Swahili from Arabic safarī, pertaining to a journey from safar, to journey
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. sa·fa·ris
- An overland expedition, especially one for hunting or exploring in eastern Africa.
- A journey or trip: a sightseeing safari.
Origin: Arabic safarīya, safari, journey, from safar, journey; see špr in Semitic roots.
safari - Computer Definition
The Web browser that comes with the Max OS X operating system and iPhone. Safari is noted for its fast download speed and many built-in features including the Google search bar and popup blocker. In 2007, Safari was introduced to Windows users. See Mac OS X.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.