- The definition of safari is of a style of clothing that is worn on expeditions or hunting trips, especially through Africa.
An example of safari used as an adjective is in the phrase "safari pants," which mean the style of pants that one would wear on a tour through the African jungles.
- Safari is defined as a sightseeing journey or hunting expedition, especially in Africa.
An example of a safari is a tour through Africa to view the elephants and lions.
What you might see on a safari.
safari definition by Webster's New World
- a journey or hunting expedition, esp. in E Africa
- the caravan of such an expedition
Origin: Swahili ; from Arabic safarī, pertaining to a journey ; from safar, to journey
safari definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. sa·fa·ris
- An overland expedition, especially one for hunting or exploring in eastern Africa.
- A journey or trip: a sightseeing safari.
Origin: Arabic safarīya, safari, journey, from safar, journey; see špr in Semitic roots.
safari - Computer Definition
The Web browser that comes with the Max OS X operating system and iPhone. Safari is noted for its fast download speed and many built-in features including the Google search bar and popup blocker. In 2007, Safari was introduced for Windows users but discontinued in 2012. See Mac OS X.