The definition of a voyage is a long trip, often involving traveling somewhere by plane or boat.noun
When you travel from New York to London by a cruise ship, this is an example of a voyage.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- a relatively long journey or passage by water or, formerly, by land
- a journey by aircraft or spacecraft
- a written account of a voyage
Origin: ME viage < OFr veiage, voyage < LL viaticum, a journey < L, traveling money, provision for a journey < viaticus, of a journey < via, way, journey: see via
- voyager noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A long journey to a foreign or distant place, especially by sea.
- a. The events of a journey of exploration or discovery considered as material for a narrative. Often used in the plural.b. Such a narrative.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French veyage, from Late Latin viāticum, a journey, from Latin, provisions for a journey, from neuter of viāticus, of a journey, from via, road; see wegh- in Indo-European roots.
- voyˈag·er noun