- the act of passing across, thwarting, interbreeding, etc.
- an intersection, as of railroad lines or streets
- a place where a railroad line, street, river, etc. may be crossed
See crossing in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- The act or action of crossing.
a. A place at which roads, lines, or tracks intersect; an intersection.
b. A place at which a river, railroad, or highway, for example, may be crossed: a railroad crossing; a pedestrian crossing.
- The intersection of the nave and transept in a cruciform church.
Learn more about crossing