- the act of passing across, thwarting, interbreeding, etc.
- an intersection, as of railroad lines or streets
- a place where a railroad line, street, river, etc. may be crossed
Origin of crossingsee cross
- The act or action of crossing.
- a. A place at which roads, lines, or tracks intersect; an intersection.b. A place at which a river, railroad, or highway, for example, may be crossed: a railroad crossing; a pedestrian crossing.
- The intersection of the nave and transept in a cruciform church.
- Biology The process of crossbreeding; hybridization.
- An intersection where roads, lines, or tracks cross
- A place at which a river, railroad, or highway may be crossed
- A voyage across a body of water
- (architecture) The volume formed by the intersection of chancel, nave and transepts in a cruciform church; often with a tower or cupola over it
- Movement into a crossed position.