- The definition of a crossover is a combination of two elements to make something more appealing.
- An example of a crossover is country music that has many pop elements.
- An example of a crossover is a car that feels like a sedan but has the size of an SUV.
- A crossover is defined as the act of going from one side to another.
- An example of a crossover is moving from your house to the house across the street.
- An example of a crossover is voting for a Democratic candidate when you're a Republican.
- the act, means, or place of crossing over from one part or side, to another
- ☆ a track by which a railroad train can be switched from one line to another
- ☆ a person who votes for a candidate of a political party other than the party he or she usually supports
- ☆ a crossover () musical style
- a character resulting from crossing-over
- designating or of a circuit, network, etc. that divides amplified sound into frequency bands and distributes them to the proper component of a speaker system, as to a woofer or tweeter
- designating or by voters who are crossovers: the crossover vote
- designating or of a form of popular music in which elements of musical genres that appeal to a limited audience are combined with more widely accepted forms to gain a larger audience: crossover jazz
- made up of elements appealing to more specialized tastes that have been combined to gain broader acceptance
- A place at which or the means by which a crossing is made.
- A short connecting track by which a train can be transferred from one line to another.
- Genetics Crossing over.
- A registered member of one political party who votes in the primary of the other party.
- a. The adaptation of a musical style, as by blending elements of two or more styles or categories, to appeal to a wider audience.b. One, such as a performer, song, or movie, that appeals to more than one segment of an audience or market.
- A place where one thing crosses over another.
- The means by which the crossing is made.
- (genetics) the result of the exchange of genetic material during meiosis.
- A blend of multiple styles of music, intended to appeal to a wider audience.
- An automobile that is a mix of two kinds of automobiles, i.e. the Pontiac Torrent.
- (rail transport) A pair of switches and a short, diagonal length of track which together connect two parallel tracks and allow passage between them.
- A piece of fiction that borrows elements from two or more fictional universes.