- a road that crosses another road
- a road that connects two or more main roads
- the place where two or more roads intersect, often the site of a rural settlement
- any center of congregation, activity, etc. for a widespread area
- a time in which important changes occur or major decisions must be made
See crossroad in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A road that intersects another road.
- crossroads (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
a. A place where two or more roads meet.
b. A small, usually rural community situated at an intersection of two or more roads: asked for directions at a remote crossroads.
c. A place that is centrally located.
A crucial point. See Synonyms at crisis
Learn more about crossroad