- a road that crosses another road
- a road that connects two or more main roads
- [usually pl., with sing. v.]
- the place where two or more roads intersect, often the site of a rural settlement
- any center of congregation, activity, etc. for a widespread area
- a time in which important changes occur or major decisions must be made
- A road that intersects another road.
- crossroads used with a sing. or pl. verb a. A place where two or more roads meet.b. A small, usually rural community situated at an intersection of two or more roads: asked for directions at a remote crossroads.c. A place that is centrally located: “Even after the effective end of the French empire in Africa by 1960, Paris remained a crossroads for African students and diplomats” ( Tyler Stovall )d. A crucial point: “At midlife, couples are at a crossroads of change, just as individuals are” ( Judith Wallerstein )