- a post with a sign and directions for travelers, placed at a roadside or crossroads
- anything that serves as a guide, standard, example, etc.; guideline
- A post with a sign giving directions for travelers, usually placed at a crossroad.
- Something that serves as a guide or an example; a guideline.
- Some simply enjoy reading them for personal use, others rely on them as a guidepost for daily decisions, and some people read for others either as a courtesy or professionally.
- Whatever test you use, remember that the results are a guidepost, not a verdict.