- The definition of itinerary is a travel plan.
- An example of an itinerary is the list of dates and cities for a tour group.
- An example of an itinerary is your planned route.
Origin: LL itinerarius from itinerans: see itinerant
- a route
- a record of a journey
- a guidebook for travelers
- a detailed outline for a proposed journey
Origin: LL itinerarium, neut. of itinerarius
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. i·tin·er·ar·ies
- A route or proposed route of a journey.
- An account or record of a journey.
- A guidebook for travelers.
- Of or relating to a journey or route.
- Traveling from place to place; itinerant.
Origin: Middle English itinerarie, from Late Latin itinerārium, account of a journey, from neuter of itinerārius, of traveling, from Latin iter, itiner-, journey; see ei- in Indo-European roots.