- An example of an itinerary is the list of dates and cities for a tour group.
- An example of an itinerary is your planned route.
The definition of itinerary is a travel plan.
of traveling, journeys, routes, or roads
Origin of itineraryLate Latin itinerarius ; from itinerans: see itinerant
- a route
- a record of a journey
- a guidebook for travelers
- a detailed outline for a proposed journey
Origin of itineraryLL itinerarium, neut. of itinerarius
- A route or proposed route of a journey.
- An account or record of a journey.
- A guidebook for travelers.
- Of or relating to a journey or route.
- Traveling from place to place; itinerant.
Origin of itineraryMiddle English itinerarie, from Late Latin itinerarium, account of a journey, from neuter of itinerarius, of traveling, from Latin iter, itiner-, journey; see ei- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more itinerary, superlative most itinerary)
- itinerant; travelling from place to place; done on a journey