- The definition of a blemish is a flaw in something otherwise perfect or complete.
- A thirty day late on an otherwise perfect credit report is an example of a blemish.
- A pimple on a person's face is an example of a blemish.
- Blemish means to spoil the perfection of something.
Adding too much salt to a perfectly flavored risotto is an example of to blemish.
A girl pointing to a blemish on her chin.
blemish definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Middle English blemishen ; from Old French blemiss-, extended stem of blesmir, to injure, probably via Frankish an unverified form blesmjan, to cause to turn pale ; from an unverified form blesmi, akin to blaze
- a mark that mars the appearance, as a stain, spot, scar, etc.
- any flaw, defect, or shortcoming
blemish definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb blem·ished, blem·ish·ing, blem·ish·es
Origin: Middle English blemisshen, from Old French blesmir, blemir, blemiss-, to make pale, of Germanic origin; see bhel-1 in Indo-European roots.
- blemˈish·er noun
blemish - Medical Definition