The eruption of a geyser.
- An example of an eruption is the discharge of water from a geyser.
- An example of an eruption is someone having an emotional outburst.
- a bursting forth or out, as of lava from a volcano
- a throwing forth of lava, water, steam, etc.
- a sudden outburst, as of emotion or social discontent
- a breaking out in a rash
- a rash
Origin of eruptionMiddle English erupcioun ; from Classical Latin eruptio: see erupt
- a. The act or process of erupting.b. An instance of erupting.
- A sudden, often violent outburst.
- a. An appearance of a rash or blemish on the skin.b. Such a rash or blemish.
- The emergence of a tooth through the gums.
White Dome geyser Lower Geyser Basin Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming