- erupting or tending to erupt
- of, produced by, or formed by eruption: eruptive rock
- Med. causing or characterized by a skin eruption
Geol. a rock thrown out by volcanic eruption
(comparative more eruptive, superlative most eruptive)
- An eruptive rock
- They are found chiefly in the neighbourhood of the eruptive masses.
- The number of main craters may be about twenty-five, but there are very many small eruptive cones on the flanks of the old volcanoes.
- Ausbruchsgebirge - Eruptive mountains.
- They include gypsum, dolomite, conglomerates, phyllites, and a basic series of eruptive rocks (gabbros, peridotites, serpentines).
- With the J urassic beds is associated an extensive series of eruptive rocks (gabbro, peridotite, serpentine, diorite, granite, &c.); they are chiefly of Jurassic age, but the eruptions may have continued into the Lower Cretaceous.