The definition of aqueous is anything that is related to or contains water.adjective
An example of something that is aqueous is contact lens solution.
Aqueous is defined as rocks formed by water action, such as rocks made of sediment.adjective
An example of rocks that are aqueous are argillaceous rocks.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- of, like, or containing water; watery
- formed by the action of water, as certain rocks made of sediment
- of or having to do with the aqueous humor
Origin: ML aqueus: see aqua & -ous
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Relating to, similar to, containing, or dissolved in water; watery.
- Geology Formed from matter deposited by water, as certain sedimentary rocks.
Origin: From Medieval Latin aqueus, from Latin aqua, water; see aqua.
aqueous - Medical Definition
aqueous - Science Definition
- Chemistry Relating to or dissolved in water.
- Geology Formed from matter deposited by water. Certain sedimentary rocks, such as limestone, are aqueous.
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.