- Aqueous is defined as rocks formed by water action, such as rocks made of sediment.
An example of rocks that are aqueous are argillaceous rocks.
- The definition of aqueous is anything that is related to or contains water.
An example of something that is aqueous is contact lens solution.
- of, like, or containing water; watery
- formed by the action of water, as certain rocks made of sediment
- of or having to do with the aqueous humor
Origin of aqueousMedieval Latin aqueus: see aqua and amp; -ous
- Relating to, similar to, containing, or dissolved in water; watery.
- Geology Formed from matter deposited by water, as certain sedimentary rocks.
Origin of aqueousFrom Medieval Latin aqueus, from Latin aqua, water; see aqua.
(comparative more aqueous, superlative most aqueous)
- (chemistry) Consisting mostly of water.