- Aqueous is defined as rocks formed by water action, such as rocks made of sediment.
An example of rocks that are aqueous are argillaceous rocks.
- The definition of aqueous is anything that is related to or contains water.
An example of something that is aqueous is contact lens solution.
aqueous definition by Webster's New World
- of, like, or containing water; watery
- formed by the action of water, as certain rocks made of sediment
- of or having to do with the aqueous humor
Origin: Midieval Latin aqueus: see aqua and amp; -ous
aqueous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Relating to, similar to, containing, or dissolved in water; watery.
- Geology Formed from matter deposited by water, as certain sedimentary rocks.
Origin: From Medieval Latin aqueus, from Latin aqua, water; see aqua.
aqueous - Medical Definition
aqueous - Science Definition
- Chemistry Relating to or dissolved in water.
- Geology Formed from matter deposited by water. Certain sedimentary rocks, such as limestone, are aqueous.