- Embellish is defined as fancy details added on to make something look better or nicer, the act of adding such details or the act of stretching the truth of a story to make it sound more exciting.
- An example of embellishment is fringe added to a skirt.
- An example of embellishment is the act of adding fringe to a skirt.
- An example of embellishment is a detail added to a story to make it more exciting.
An embellishment of flowers on a table.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- an embellishing or being embellished; ornamentation
- something that embellishes, as an ornament, a fictitious touch added to a factual account, a musical phrase, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of embellishing or the state of being embellished.
- Something that embellishes; a decoration.
- Music A note that embellishes a melody.