- When a country is quickly building up more weapons including nuclear weapons, this is an example of nuclear proliferation.
- If you start out with one rabbit and within a month you end up with five, this is an example of proliferation of rabbits.
(countable and uncountable, plural proliferations)
- (uncountable) The process by which an organism produces others of its kind; breeding, propagation, procreation, reproduction.
- (countable) The act of increasing or rising; augmentation, amplification, enlargement, escalation, aggrandizement.
- (countable) The result of building up; buildup, accretion.
- (uncountable) The spread of biochemical, nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction to countries not originally involved in developing them.
From proliferate +"Ž -ation.