- an amplifying or being amplified
- matter, details, etc. added to amplify a statement, report, etc.
- a statement, etc. with something added
- The act or result of amplifying, enlarging, or extending.
- a. An addition to or expansion of a statement or idea.b. A statement with such an addition.
- Physics a. The process of increasing the magnitude of a variable quantity, especially the magnitude of voltage, power, or current, without altering any other quality.b. The result of such a process.
- Electronics See gain1.
- Genetics The process by which extra copies of a gene or a DNA sequence are formed.
- the act, or result of amplifying, enlarging, extending or adding to
- (physics) the act, or result of independently increasing some quantity, especially voltage, power or current
- (electronics) gain
- (genetics) using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for isolating and exponentially amplifying a fragment or sequence of DNA
- (organic chemistry) A procedure used in the nomenclature of complex organic compounds in which the superatoms of a basic structure (a phane) are replaced by cyclic structures (amplificants)