(am′plə fi kā′s̸hən)
- an amplifying or being amplified
- matter, details, etc. added to amplify a statement, report, etc.
- a statement, etc. with something added
See amplification in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- The act or result of amplifying, enlarging, or extending.
a. An addition to or expansion of a statement or idea.
b. A statement with such an addition.
a. The process of increasing the magnitude of a variable quantity, especially the magnitude of voltage, power, or current, without altering any other quality.
b. The result of such a process.
- Electronics See gain1.
- Genetics The process by which extra copies of a gene or a DNA sequence are formed.
Learn more about amplification