Condensation on a window.
- Combining two images into one is an example of condensation.
- A shortened version of a speech is an example of condensation.
- An example of condensation is water droplets on a window that form when humid air comes into contact with a cold surface.
The definition of condensation is the act of shortening or reducing something to make it more concise.
- the act of condensing, as the reduction of a gas to a liquid or the abridgment of a piece of writing
- the product of such an act: to read a condensation of a novel
- the condition of being condensed
Origin of condensationLate Latin condensatio
- The act of condensing.
- The state of being condensed.
- An abridgment or shortening of something, especially of a written work or speech.
- Physics a. The process by which a gas or vapor changes to a liquid.b. The liquid so formed.
- Chemistry A chemical reaction in which water or another simple substance is released by the combination of two or more molecules.
- Psychology The process by which a single symbol or word is associated with the emotional content of several, not necessarily related, ideas, feelings, memories, or impulses, especially as expressed in dreams.