These are all organisms.
- The definition of an organism is a creature such as a plant, animal or a single-celled life form, or something that has interdependent parts and that is being compared to a living creature.
- An example of an organism is a dog, person or bacteria.
- An example of an organism is one party in the political organism.
- any individual animal, plant, bacterium, etc. having various parts or systems that function together as a whole to maintain life and its activities
- anything resembling a living thing in its complexity of structure or functions
- An individual form of life, such as a bacterium, protist, fungus, plant, or animal, composed of a single cell or a complex of cells in which organelles or organs work together to carry out the various processes of life.
- A system regarded as analogous in its structure or functions to a living body: the social organism.
- or′gan·is′mal , or′gan·is′mic
From Ancient Greek á½„ÏÎ³Î±Î½Î¿Î½ (organon, “tool, instrument"), from Proto-Indo-European *werÇµ- (“work").