wind instrumentwind instrument
- A musical instrument, such as a clarinet, trumpet, or harmonica, in which sound is produced by the movement of an enclosed column of air, especially the breath, and excluding keyboard instruments such as the organ or accordion. Woodwind and brass instruments are both types of wind instruments.
- Informal A woodwind instrument, as opposed to a brass instrument.
(plural wind instruments)
- (music) a musical instrument that produces sound when air flows through it; reed instruments and brass instruments.
- attributive form of wind instrument
- wind-instrument manufacturer