The definition of helpless is not able to take care of oneself.adjective
An example of someone helpless is a newborn baby.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- not able to help oneself; weak
- lacking help or protection
- incompetent, ineffective, or powerless
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Unable to help oneself; powerless or incompetent.
- Lacking support or protection: They were left helpless in the storm.
- Impossible to control; involuntary: helpless laughter.
- helpˈless·ly adverb
- helpˈless·ness noun