The definition of defenseless is someone or something completely vulnerable that has no form of protection or no means of protection.
A one-day-old infant is an example of someone who would be described as defenseless.
lacking defense; unable to defend oneself; open to attack; helpless; unprotected
(comparative more defenseless, superlative most defenseless)
defense + -less
- She reminded herself she wasn.t defenseless with him this time.
- They looked at her, and she suspected they were silently cursing the defenseless civilian.
- "You're far from defenseless, Jonny," she reminded him.
- Deidre shifted, aware again that she was now defenseless against the creatures that used to either fear her or at least, respect her power.
- Someone had lied to her about Lilith, who had died defenseless and alone.