The definition of happiness is the state of joy, peace and tranquility.(noun)
An example of happiness is a bride's feeling of joy on her wedding day.
See Happiness in Ologies
a state of tranquility free from anxiety and emotional disturbance. —ataractic, ataraxic, adj.
an inability to be happy. —athedonic, adj.
an extreme love for gaiety.
an abnormal fear of gaiety.
1. an art or means of acquiring happiness; eudemonism.
2. the theory of happiness. —eudemonia, n. —eudemonic, eudemonical, adj.
Ethics. a moral system based upon the performance of right actions to achieve happiness. —eudemonist, eudaemonist, n.
1. a state of happiness and well-being.
2. Psychiatry. an exaggerated state of happiness, with no foundation in truth or reality. —euphoric, adj.
the quality or condition of being merry or cheerful. —jocund, adj.
Obsolete, a person who leads a merry life.
1. the quality or state of being merry or jovial.
Obsolete. the condition or act of being pleasant.
the practice of making others happy through praise and felicitation. —macarize, v.
Learn more about Happiness