- The definition of happiness is the state of joy, peace and tranquility.
An example of happiness is a bride's feeling of joy on her wedding day.
The brides faces reflects her happiness on her wedding day.
Happiness is generic, and is applied to almost every kind of enjoyment.
From happy +"Ž -ness.
Variant of happy
- favored by circumstances; lucky; fortunate
- having, showing, or causing a feeling of great pleasure, contentment, joy, etc.; joyous; glad; pleased
- exactly appropriate to the occasion; suitable and clever; apt; felicitous: a happy suggestion
- intoxicated, or irresponsibly quick to act, as if intoxicated: sometimes used in hyphenated compounds
Origin of happyMiddle English happi ; from hap: see hap