- The definition of happiness is the state of joy, peace and tranquility.
An example of happiness is a bride's feeling of joy on her wedding day.
The brides faces reflects her happiness on her wedding day.
Variant of happy
- favored by circumstances; lucky; fortunate
- having, showing, or causing a feeling of great pleasure, contentment, joy, etc.; joyous; glad; pleased
- exactly appropriate to the occasion; suitable and clever; apt; felicitous: a happy suggestion
- intoxicated, or irresponsibly quick to act, as if intoxicated: sometimes used in hyphenated compounds
Origin: Middle English happi ; from hap: see hap