- The definition of gratification is satisfaction or pleasure you feel when you get something you wanted or worked for.
When you work really hard for something and it happens, this is an example of a time when you would feel gratification.
- a gratifying or being gratified
- something that gratifies; cause for satisfaction
- Archaic reward or recompense for services or benefits
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The act of gratifying.b. The condition of being gratified.
- An instance or a cause of being gratified.
- Archaic a. A reward.b. A gratuity.