necrophilia definition by Webster's New World
an abnormal fascination with death and the dead; esp., an erotic attraction to corpses
Origin: necro- plush -philia
necrophilia definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Obsessive fascination with death and corpses.
- Erotic attraction to or sexual contact with corpses.
- necˌro·philˈi·acˌ adjective & n.
- necˈro·phileˌ noun
- necˌro·philˈic adjective
necrophilia - Medical Definition
- An abnormal fondness for being in the presence of dead bodies. Also called necromania.
- Sexual contact with or erotic desire for dead bodies.
- necrophiliac adjective & n.