- The definition of fruition is the realization of a goal or the end of a plan when success occurs.
When you have been planning for something to occur and it does, this is an example of your plan coming to fruition.
- a pleasure obtained from using or possessing something; enjoyment
Origin of fruitionby assoc. with fruit the bearing of fruit
- a coming to fulfillment; realization: a book that is the fruition of years of research
Origin of fruitionMiddle English fruicioun ; from Old French fruition ; from Late Latin fruitio, enjoyment ; from frui: see fruit
- Realization of something desired or worked for; accomplishment: labor finally coming to fruition.
- Enjoyment derived from use or possession.
- The condition of bearing fruit.
Origin of fruitionMiddle English fruicioun, from Old French fruicion, from Late Latin fruitiō, fruitiōn-, enjoyment, from Latin fruitus, past participle of fruī, to enjoy.
From Latin fruī (“to enjoy”).
Erroneously from fruit (though now standard usage)