- The definition of fruition is the realization of a goal or the end of a plan when success occurs.
When you have been planning for something to occur and it does, this is an example of your plan coming to fruition.
fruition definition by Webster's New World
- a pleasure obtained from using or possessing something; enjoyment
Origin: by assoc. with fruitthe bearing of fruit
- a coming to fulfillment; realization: a book that is the fruition of years of research
Origin: Middle English fruicioun ; from Old French fruition ; from Late Latin fruitio, enjoyment ; from frui: see fruit
fruition definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Realization of something desired or worked for; accomplishment: labor finally coming to fruition.
- Enjoyment derived from use or possession.
- The condition of bearing fruit.
Origin: Middle English fruicioun, from Old French fruicion, from Late Latin fruitiō, fruitiōn-, enjoyment, from Latin fruitus, past participle of fruī, to enjoy.