The peacock displays his feathers in an act of exhibitionism.
exhibitionism definition by Webster's New World
- a tendency to call attention to oneself or show off one's talents, skill, etc.
- a tendency to expose parts of the body that are conventionally concealed, esp. in seeking sexual stimulation or gratification
- an instance of such exposure
exhibitionism definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act or practice of deliberately behaving so as to attract attention.
- Psychiatry A psychosexual disorder marked by the compulsive exposure of the genitals in public.
- exˌhi·biˈtion·ist noun
- exˌhi·biˌtion·isˈtic adjective
exhibitionism - Medical Definition
An abnormal compulsion to expose the genitals with the intent of provoking sexual interest in the viewer.
- exhibitionist noun