The peacock displays his feathers in an act of exhibitionism.
- a tendency to call attention to oneself or show off one's talents, skill, etc.
- a tendency to expose parts of the body that are conventionally concealed, esp. in seeking sexual stimulation or gratification
- an instance of such exposure
- The act or practice of deliberately behaving so as to attract attention.
- Psychiatry A psychosexual disorder marked by the compulsive exposure of the genitals in public.
(countable and uncountable, plural exhibitionisms)